Monday, February 28, 2011

[M M M M M M]

This weekend was a gloomfest outside, so I tried to keep trips out to a minimum, with the exception of a scooter ride, a brisk walk, and a quick hop to Barnes and Noble. 

Since the swanky awards show was on last night, TCM hosted wonderful films all this weekend for the occasion.  I treated myself to It Happened One Night on Saturday and Mildred Pierce on Sunday.  I thoroughly enjoyed having Clark Gable, Claudette Colbert, and Joan Crawford grace my big screen.  As a little guilty pleasure, I also tuned into Lifetime on Sunday afternoon and watched a melodrama by the name of Mother Knows Best.  In this case, Mother was a psycho and provided some laughs.

Nothing cheers up a dismal day like a fresh magazine…and to my delight, I indulged in three!  Homes and Antiques is a family favorite, as it features everything British.  The countryside cottages and cute knickknacks satisfy my urges for cheeky interiors.  Buying House Beautiful was really a whim, but boy, am I glad I did!  This spring color issue had loud interiors with all shades of pink that warmed me up with all their rosy allure.  Lucky magazine is not one I purchase regularly either, but a particular photo shoot has me spirited.  I’ve looked at it multiple times each day, and more and more I am lusting the styling.  “2 for the Road” is a brilliant “trip to Palm Springs circa 1960.”

xxoo

1 comment:

  1. You have to know this strikes a funny wittle chord with me. My dana!

    ReplyDelete