Friday, February 11, 2011

[Skinny Wolf]

Every once in a while my sister and I make mix cds for each other.  Usually they host new songs we’ve acquired and the oldies that we somehow never had in our music libraries. 

Around December, I had been keeping multiple lists (both mental and tangible) of songs that I vowed to download…eventually.  A free weekend allowed me to compile all of these songs, and surprisingly, they created my best mix cd yet. 

My sister agrees.

Skinny Love.  Bon Iver.        His pure voice and simple strumming are a great start for the album.
Every You Every Me.  Placebo.        I couldn’t resist adding this delicious 90s song featured in the opening credits of Cruel Intentions.
My Delirium.  Ladyhawke.        Her music video makes me want to drive through the desert. Funny enough, this mix has been the perfect addition to my present trip to Arizona.
Song 2.  Blur. 
Oh My God.  Ida Maria.        
Eyes.  Rogue Wave.
Be So Happy.  Heartless Bastards.    
Blister in the Sun.  Violent Femmes.
We Are All Made of Stars.  Moby.
Seven Days a Week.  The Sounds.        I am so sad I did not get to see them perform as No Doubt’s opening act two summers ago.  I heard they were great live.
Brightest Hour.  The Submarines.
Beg Steal Or Borrow.  Ray Lamontagne.      
Valerie.  Amy Winehouse.
Magic.  Ladyhawke.
You’re a Wolf.  Sea Wolf.
Down by the Water.  The Decemberists.        I’m a sucker for harmonica.  
O Children.  Nick Cave.        Best scene of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1.
Album images obtained from Google

Happy Friday, xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment