Monday, February 14, 2011

[Three E's]

With the weather peaking at 80 this weekend, my family and I enjoyed Tempe on Friday, explored Phoenix on Saturday, and took it easy in Chandler on Sunday.
Tempe allowed us to stroll around the town lake and stop in the Center for the Arts.  The lake provided a beautiful breeze, and the bright sunshine warmed our skin.  A wonderful glass exhibit and sculpture garden (featuring local artists) were open for viewing.  After that, we meandered toward Mill Ave to get some gyros from Munchies.

We rode the metro rail into the heart of Phoenix where we gobbled down an Irish breakfast and moseyed through the farmer’s market. Fresh produce and handcrafted jewelry were aplenty, but my favorite was the pottery tent.  Tables were filled with unique jars and containers, and a lady was even working some clay on her potter’s wheel.  Shaping clay was never skill I acquired, so I deeply admire it.

After two days of traveling back and forth, relaxation was in order.  After my sister and I visited the nail salon for pedicures, we opted to lay by the pool and soak up the sun.  Malibu Rum and Coke with white cheddar popcorn rounded out the glorious afternoon.

xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment