Tuesday, March 15, 2011

[Cheeky Chef]

I try to avoid massive cooking endeavors.  Kitchens usually make me nervous.

When I lived alone, I would have a meal-making marathon on Sundays, just to avoid major use (with the exception of the microwave) for the rest of the week.  I also kept a low stocked fridge, and stored canned goods in my dishwasher, but that’s for another time.

To encourage myself to use the kitchen more, I know I need to surround myself with items that make concocting funner.  My recent purchase of an electric cookie press hopefully will quell some of my anxiety too (it’s a lovely yellow).
Anthropologie:  Baker's Delight Apron, Baker's Delight Kid's Apron, Beast's Feast Tureen.
Crate and Barrel:  Halo Teapot.
Urban Outfitters:  York Trash Bucket.
William Sonoma:  Mini Tiered Cakelet Pan, Cow Creamer, Gift Cakelet Pan.

William Sonoma sells the greatest molds for treats.  Miniature cakes will surely tempt me to bake more often than I currently do.  Every chic chef should require a fashionable apron; luckily, Anthropologie provides adorable options (I love the matching styles).  For earth-conscious cooks, a small bin for compost placed on the counter top makes it easy to discard vegetable and fruit waste.  This little bucket from Urban Outfitters does the trick.  The cow creamer is an object I held dear to my heart all my childhood---my family owns one and I would beg my mom to use it every Sunday brunch;  I'll be adding one into the mix at nice breakfasts.  For the non-coffee drinkers out there (like me), a pretty teapot is a necessity, period.  This particular one is from Crate and Barrel.  Once I master the culinary arts (or just a few select meals), presentation is key.  This whimsical serving vessel, from Anthropologie, is sculptural enough to fore go a table centerpiece.

xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment