Thursday, April 28, 2011

[So Me]

Pineapple Grove Ring by Kate Spade; Perfect Fit Stripe Snap Tee by J.Crew; Geranium by essie.
My fashion history hasn't been a breezy dream.  Those closest to me know how I have struggled with finding my style identity for a few solid years (might I add, they were flabbergasted someone would ever contemplate the subject for so long and from so many approaches).  After purchasing an assortment of fashion books*, pouring over well-established blogs, second-guessing every purchase and writing hundreds of journal entries in my yellow notebook, I only recently have really felt on the right fashion track.

Finding my style has really been about discovering me.  After three years, I can confidently say that I love wearing really bright colors, I like my denim flared and ripped, and flats are really more conducive for my life (running and skipping and twirling don’t work so well in 5” heels).  Although personal style forever evolves (and I know I still have a long way to go) there is something to be said for feeling that brilliance when you look in the mirror after so many years of drab and think, “Oh yes, there you are!”

xxoo


*My deepest regards go out to the bindings of my Nina Garcia books The Little Black Book of Style and The One Hundred.

3 comments:

  1. Oooooh I had my eye on that pineapple ring at Nordstrom but couldn't afford it :( like like like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo cute! love love love <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. i love pineapples and find them even more condusive in the jewelry persuasion.
    2. i love nautical ANYTHING.
    3. i own this nail color. its currently on my toes but will proceed to coordinate with my lilacism purple on my digits soon.
    4. how are we not sisters.
    5. i love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete