Monday, July 18, 2011

[Vertical Change]

When I was in design school, I had a class called Materials and Finishes; we momentarily talked about window treatments and I remember my professor scoffing at the vertical blinds.  I know I've heard a lot of designers say vertical blinds are a big no no.  I even thought they were lame at one point.  But not so much anymore, for me, anyways.

This weekend I opted to change my wooden shade and curtain combo for the vertical blinds that I took down so many years before.  I can already tell you I'm very happy with my choice.  Even though they are beige.


In another life, when I have color on my walls or a real vision for my room, my window treatment might be different.  Who knows, I may come back to the vertical blinds concept and get a really glam version that I remember seeing in my relative's fancy apartment in Chicago.  For now, though, I know they add a nice diffused glow in my room, which makes it easier to wake up in the morning, and offer full exposure to sunlight if I slide them to the sides...which is perfect for all my crafts and activities.

Sometimes its nice to say, "I don't care what all you fancy designers say," and do things my own way.  Right now, my way for windows is the vertical blind.

Happy Monday!
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment