Friday, September 9, 2011

Every Home Needs A....

Back and forth...back and forth...



I once read a wonderfully inspired book in an Arizona library...if my memory is correct, it stated that a necessary piece of furniture for every home is the rocking chair. 

This jogged my memory to the traditional spindle-back version in my parents' basement, and I agreed...it must be so.

If it were my home, I would opt for an Eames rocker.  The hard shell of the seat reminds me of the stacks of chairs stored outside my grade school music room.  Its modern and cozy at the same time, with the high arms and minimal use of wood.


What kind of rocking chair does/will your home hold?

[1]

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard that before but now that I have, it makes perfect sense!
    I am now on a mission to find the perfect rocking chair! :)

    ReplyDelete