Monday, September 26, 2011

A Sort of Paradise

"Look Mummy, a dead cwab!"


I love how the littlest detail can send me into my happiest memories.  

The summer before my senior year of high school, my sister and I drove to the very tip of Florida for a beachy island getaway.  Ever heard of Sanibel?  When we were being beach bunnies, we noticed a British family combing the shore.  Not only did the dad look like Robbie Coltrane, but the kids were hilarious.  At one point, the smaller boy tugged at his mom's arm and stated the quote from above. 

That line is now imfamous for us.  We say it anytime and everywhere.

So when I saw this living room detail, that little British boy popped into my head.  And during the slightly dreary weekend, I was immediately whisked away to the beaches of Florida circa 2006.  Really, how adorable is that crab??

[top, bottom]

1 comment: