Monday, November 21, 2011

All About Audrey

There's something amazing about eating donuts and looking at diamonds.

Fifth Avenue, 5 A.M. is currently consuming my life.  Have you heard about it?  It came out a while ago, and I regret that I haven't read it sooner! 

As a bit of an Audrey Hepburn fan, I can't get enough of Sam Wasson's witty account of the events leading up to the film Breakfast at Tiffany's.  It reads like a work of fiction and touches not only on the creation of Holly Golightly, but the directors, producers and the man who started it all, Truman Capote.  This book is perfection for the coming holidays.  I've been curling up by the fireplace with it, and it's sort of like heaven.

"Moon River" was just composed, and I can't wait to pick it up again.

[first, second, fourth]

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I hadn't heard about this book! I can't wait to pick up a copy...I need some reading material for my upcoming travels. xo

    ReplyDelete