Thursday, November 10, 2011

Play the Record

Dino makes orange at Christmas cool.



Non-traditional color combinations for holidays can go either terribly wrong or terribly well.  Sometimes I shake my head at the confused palettes I see in stores, but I think Dean Martin is on to something.

This isn't the first time I've seen Dean in orange for a holiday album.  Last year while singing along to my favorite holiday Pandora station, Mr. Martin popped up looking seriously suave in orange and white next to a cozy fireplace.  And I thought, "How coooool." 

This picture really is the perfect inspiration for a non-traditional but totally lovely holiday, with the green-like teal and orange subbing in for red.  I thought I was going to be all about pink and lime this season, but I'm starting to reconsider. 

[left, right]

2 comments:

  1. I can get on board with this...Since my whole downstairs is coral, I will be going with non-traditional colors. I still really want that holiday feeling, though. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey pallie, likes Miss Dana Grace, what a fabulous tribute to our most "nontraditional" Dino. Loves that many many of our Dino's seasonal tunes are also "nontraditional"...includin' his "Winter Romance" al-b-um. Never was, never will be anyone as cool as the King of Cool...oh, to return to the days when Dino walked the earth. Know that your post is bein' shared this very day with the readership of ilovedinomartin.

    ReplyDelete